Investment Group for the Mansfield, OH, Area
The success of a portfolio is directly tied to your uniquely developed investment plan. In the investment planning process, he can capture your current investment information as well as the goals and objectives you are seeking to achieve. With that information, he can develop a personalized investment strategy for you and research different investment product solutions towards achieving your financial goals.
Financial and Economic Brief - December 4, 2018
• Trade Agreement Truce - Markets rallied on news that President Donald Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping, had reached a “truce” in the trade battle.
• Car Sales Fall - Several carmakers including Ford, Honda and Toyota reported a drop in new car sales in the U.S. in November.
• Qtar Pulling Out of OPEC - The small, “gas-rich state” of Qatar said that it will leave OPEC on January 1 after nearly 60 years.
Financial and Economic Brief - November 6, 2018
• Wall Street’s Concerns about Jobs Report - A “near perfect” jobs report was delivered last week with more than 200,000 Americans per month finding jobs.
• Lowe’s Closing Underperforming Stores - In an announcement today, Lowe’s will close 51 underperforming stores in North America.
• Iranian Oil Sanctions Start - The U.S. reintroduced sanctions against Iranian oil while giving some of America’s closest allies exemptions that allow Tehran’s biggest customers to keep buying oil for now.
Financial and Economic Brief - October 4, 2018
• Economy Looks Good - Following Jerome Powell’s description of the U.S. economic outlook as “remarkably positive”, people are wondering how long this “rosy” period might last.
• Canada, Mexico, U.S. New Trade Deal - Canada has agreed to join the U.S. and Mexico in a trade deal that will replace NAFTA, according to officials.
• Honda Takes Stake in GM - Honda Motor Co will invest $2 billion & take a 5.7% stake in General Motors' Cruise self-driving vehicle unit, to jointly develop self-driving vehicles for deployment in ride services fleets around the world.
Financial and Economic Brief - September 4, 2018
• New NAFTA Deal without Canada? - The Canadian dollar fell against the U.S. dollar after President Trump said the U.S. and Mexico could move forward without Canada in a new NAFTA deal.
• China Lures Talent from Taiwan - A veteran engineer of one of Taiwan’s top-tier chipmakers took an offer from a Chinese state-backed chipmaker last year and now oversees a small team in eastern China.
• Tesla’s Stock Price Forecast Slashed - JP Morgan Chase cut its price target on Tesla, causing its shares to briefly tumble.
Financial and Economic Brief - August 7, 2018
• 5% Treasury Yield Warning - JPMorgan Chase & Co. chief executive officer, Jamie Dimon, warned investors that they should get ready for U.S. yields of 5 percent.
• Oil Rises after Production Falls - Oil rose on Monday after Saudi crude production fell in July and U.S. drilling appeared to slow down, although the price is still almost 10 percent below its 2018 high of more than $80 a barrel.
• Pepsi Co. CEO Stepping Down - Indra Nooyi, PepsiCo. CEO, is stepping down but will remain as chairwoman of the board of directors until early 2019.
Financial and Economic Brief - July 3, 2018
• Consumer Sentiment Rises - Chief Economist for The University of Michigan's survey Richard Curtin said one-in-four consumers mentioned the potential negative impact of tariffs on the domestic economy.
• ADM in Talks with Neovia - Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM) is in talks to take over French animal feed business Neovia for 1.5 billion euros ($1.75 billion) in order to expand in the animal nutrition sector.
• Tesla Meets Production Target - Tesla's first mass production vehicle missed two Ņambitious' production targets, but Musk promised investors that the company would make 5,000 Model 3s per week by this time of year.